Promoting MY MIXED-UP BERRY BLUE SUMMER is like balancing on a log, trying to stay on top -- and every hand extended fills me with gratitude. The hands that are keeping my feet from slipping into oblivion belong to:
- friends, who are buying the book for nieces, grandchildren, and themselves;
- family members, who are making sure the book is on the shelves of their local bookstores, schools and libraries;
- Vermont College faculty and friends, for blurbing and talking it up;
- My editor and HMH marketing folks for enthusiastic support;
- booksellers, who are agreeing to let me come and read even though it's a dying practice;
- people who know me from the ferry, church or work who tell their friends about the book;
- and reporters, who review and feature the book plus that crazy copyeditor who gave me a big head!